I absolutely LOVE mexican food. More precisely, Mexican Restaurant food! My absolute favorite dish is a chili relleno, burrito, and enchilada... Unfortunately, it is so not paleo. And until I figure out a good substitute for all that luscious cheese, I'll settle for my second favorite dish. And that's chicken fajitas. Which was actually very easy to convert, and they taste just like my favorite restaurant's fajitas, but without all the guilt! If you love this old favorite as much as I do, these will be a big hit in your house as well! And if you're looking for an easy fast dinner, this a great recipe to revert to for those crazy busy evenings!
Prep time: 20 mins + marinating time Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 Lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces or strips
- 4 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tbls Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 tsp Seasoned salt
- 1.5 tsp Dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped onions
1. Combine 2 Tbls of the olive oil, lime juice, raw chicken, and all seasonings in a container. Mix everything up well, and make sure chicken is well coated.
2. Refrigerate the marinade mixture for 1-4 hours.
3. Cut red and green peppers and onions into 1 inch pieces or thin strips. Saute in the remaining EVOO until crisp, then transfer to a bowl. Keep warm.
4. Remove marinaded chicken from the fridge, and dump contents into your skillet. Cook until chicken is cooked through, and no longer pink.
5. Return peppers and onions to the pan, and cook with the chicken until cooked through. About 5-7 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite "wrap", paleo tortillas, or just enjoy a bowl!